Strategic Planning Assignment
Kindly note that:
– All points are to be discussed in 3000 to 4000 words.
– Plagiarism (copy and paste from the internet or other resources) should not exceed 20%.
– No PDFs will be accepted.
You have successfully gained a junior management role in the UK in an organisation called Vista, which is a multi-national company. This is an interesting time for the business as it has decided to review its mission, vision and strategic direction. In this process the Board wishes to involve staff at various levels in the organisation and it has established a series of teams which will look at the strategy and feedback their work to the Board. You have been asked to join Team Singapore which is comprised of staff from across the company. It will work virtually before meeting in Singapore for a final face to face session.
This is an exciting opportunity for your personal and career development and you are keen to make the most of it.
In preparation for the first virtual meeting you decide to make detailed notes in which you:
• explain organisational vision, mission, strategy and business plans and the relationships between them
• explain how external factors affect organisations and how changes in the external environment affect organisational strategy
• evaluate how stakeholder expectations influence organisations
LO1 AC 1.1
LO2 AC 2.1, 2.2, 2.3
At the first virtual meeting of the team all members have been asked to make an individual contribution, which will be circulated to other team members prior to the next meeting. Your task is to provide a document which:
• analyses the mission and vision statements of named organisations.
To gain a merit grade you must have a further section in the document which:
• evaluates the impact of a named organisation’s vision and mission on its strategy.
To gain a distinction grade you must add another section to the document which:
• analyses how external influences affect organisational strategy in a named organisation.
LO 1 AC 1.2, 1M1, 2D1
Following the virtual meeting you have been asked to review an organisation’s strategy and business plans as this may influence thinking for Vista’s future direction.
Produce a presentation with accompanying notes which:
• explains the importance of review in developing organisational strategy and business plans.
• evaluates the tools which can be used to review organisational strategy and business plans
To gain a merit grade your presentation must also:
• review the position of an organisation in its current market using appropriate tools.
To gain a distinction grade your presentation must also:
• analyse the competitive strengths and weaknesses of an organisation’s current business strategy and business plans.
LO3 AC 3.1, 3.2, 3M1, 3D1
Whilst completing the above tasks your team has decided that there is clearly a number of strategic options to consider. With this in mind you decide to model strategy options for a smaller organisation as an illustration. Produce a document for circulation which develops:
• strategy options for a chosen organisation, using modelling tools
• criteria for reviewing the potential strategy options.
To gain a merit grade you must also:
• apply the criteria and evaluate the options for delivering the strategic direction of the organisation you have chosen.
LO4 AC 4.1, 4.2, 4M1
The Board has decided that the meeting in Singapore should take place and you have received your travel and accommodation documents. The agenda for the meeting will include how to create a strategic plan. In preparation for this critical meeting you decide to produce a file for your own use. The file will:
• explain the structure of a plan needed to deliver the strategy
• explain how stakeholders are involved in the formulation of the plan
• provide a dissemination process to ensure stakeholders are informed and committed to the plan.
To gain a merit grade you must also:
• create monitoring systems to ensure the successful implementation of a strategic plan.
To gain a distinction grade you must also:
• construct a strategic plan for a named organisation.
LO5 AC 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 5M1, 5D1
Guidelines for assessors
The assignments submitted by learners must achieve the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by the assessment criteria for the unit. To achieve a merit or distinction grade, the learners must demonstrate that they have achieved all the criteria set for these grades. Where work for the pass standard is marginal, assessors can take account of any extension work completed by the learners. The suggested evidence listed below is how learners can demonstrate that they have met the required standards.
number LOs and AC Suggested evidence
PASS Suggested additional evidence MERIT Suggested additional evidence DISTINCTION
LO2 AC 2.1,
The learner must give a clear explanation of the terms which are listed in AC 1.1 differentiating between them and explaining their interrelationship. The learner should provide an evaluation of how stakeholder expectations can influence organisational strategic planning looking at the evidence from different perspectives and making valid conclusions. The explanation of the affect of external factors and how changes in the environment impact on organisations must be detailed. Learners must ensure there is a broad range of evidence presented including examples to illustrate the points which are made.
1 M1, 2D1
The organisations used for the analysis of vision and mission statements must be named. The analysis must be detailed with examination of the different points made demonstrating clarity.
1 M1 The learner must carry out a clear evaluation of the impact of the mission and vision statements of a named organisation showing the relationship and impact on strategy. 2 D1 The learner must analyse how external influences affect and can compromise organisational strategy in a named organisation.
AC 3.1, 3.2
3 M1, 3D1
The learner must produce a presentation and supporting notes, which provide a full explanation of the importance of review in developing organisational strategy and business plans. The explanation must show a comprehensive understanding of the review process and its application. In addition, the learner must provide a balanced evaluation of the tools which can be used to review organisational strategy and business plans leading to judgements. 3 M1 The learner must, within the presentation and supporting notes, demonstrate a comprehensive review of an organisation’s position in its current market using appropriate tools. 3 D1 The learner must within the presentation and supporting notes, analyse the competitive strengths and weaknesses of an organisation’s current business strategy and business plans. In the analysis, the learner should examine different points in detail demonstrating a full understanding of the chosen organisation’s strategy and plans. The choice of organisation is critical in ensuring the learner is able to provide sufficient evidence at the right depth.
AC 4.1. 4.2
3.1 The learner must develop strategy options for a named organisation, using at least two modelling tools. The modelling tools must be appropriately applied and lead to relevant and feasible options. There needs to a range of criteria which are specific, enabling a thorough review to take place. 4 M1 The learner must apply the criteria and then produce a balanced evaluation of the options identifying strengths and issues.
AC 5.1, 5.2,
The learner can approach the work for the pass criteria from a theoretical perspective but using examples to illustrate the points which are made. In the file there must be a full and detailed explanation of the structure of a strategy showing how stakeholders will be involved in the formulation of the plan. This should also include a clear outline of the dissemination process that will be used to ensure that stakeholders are informed of the plan and how commitment will be generated.
5 M1 The learner must produce within the file, monitoring systems which will help to ensure the successful implementation of a strategic plan. The monitoring systems should be realistic, timely and applicable in organisations. 5 D1 The learner must produce a strategic plan for a named organisation. This must include / demonstrate consideration of a range of business principles from key business sources to ensure the achievement of sound business objectives. The learner may need guidance on the choice of the organisation and care should be taken with using public limited companies where strategy plans can be complex.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS