2/21/22, 2:33 AM Halo
Adventure Works Cycles Company Story
Adventure Works Cycles, the fictitious company on which the AdventureWorks sample
databases are based, is a large, multinational manufacturing company. The company
manufactures and sells metal and composite bicycles to North American, European, and Asian
commercial markets. While its base operation is located in Bothell, Washington, with 290
employees, several regional sales teams are located throughout its market base.
In 2000, Adventure Works Cycles bought a small manufacturing plant, Importadores Neptuno
located in Mexico. Importadores Neptuno manufactures several critical subcomponents for the
Adventure Works Cycles product line. These subcomponents are shipped to the Bothell locati
for final product assembly. In 2001, Importadores Neptuno, became the sole manufacturer and
distributor of the touring bicycle product group.
Coming off a successful fiscal year, Adventure Works Cycles is looking to broaden its market
share by targeting its sales to its best customers, extending its product availability through an
external website, and reducing cost of sales through lower production costs.
As a bicycle manufacturing company, Adventure Works Cycles has four product lines:
• Bicycles that are manufactured at the Adventure Works Cycles company.
• Bicycle components that are replacement parts, such as wheels, pedals, or brake
• Bicycle apparel that is purchased from vendors for resale to Adventure Works Cycles
• Bicycle accessories that are purchased from vendors for resale to Adventure Works
• Bill of materials: List of the products used or contained in another product.
• Work orders: Manufacturing orders by work center.
• Locations: Major manufacturing and inventory areas, such as frame forming, paint,
subassembly, and so on.
• Manufacturing and product assembly instructions by work center.
• Product inventory: The physical location of a product in the warehouse or manufacturi
area, and the quantity available in that area.
• Engineering documentation: Technical specifications and maintenance documentation
bicycles or bicycle components.
2/21/22, 2:33 AM Halo
© 2017. Grand Canyon University. All Rights Reserved.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS