AMN430 INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
Assessment 1 – Semester 2 2022
Assessment 1 Objectives Due Weight Category
Industry Report 1,2,3,4,5 Week 6 50% Formative & Summative
Assessment Item 1: Industry Report (50%)
Purpose: This assessment target to assess the students’ ability to assess logistics concepts. Think of yourself as an industry expert presenting the topic to a company client interested in that industry. You should address everything that goes on in that industry and exemplify with how 1-3 sample companies from that industry operates. The presentation will further require students to give an account of the application of logistics/operations concepts performed in the selected industry.
Due Date: Week 6, Thursday @ 23.59 PM (Turnitin)
Length or Duration: 1) 2,000 words Research topic report (40%)
2) and a 5-minutes video presentation (YouTube) with voice-over (10%)
Formative or Summative: Formative and Summative
Group or Individual: Individual
Optional or Compulsory: Compulsory
Learning outcomes: LO 1, 2, 3, 5 and AoL: KS (1.1, 1.2) HO (2.1), PC (3.1, 3.2)
1. Select ONE of the following topics to research and present in report format:
a. Logistics & Sustainability in the Plastic Toy industry
b. Logistics & Sustainability in the Bottled Water industry
c. Logistics & Sustainability in the Live Sea-food industry
d. Logistics & Sustainability in the Fast-Fashion industry
2. Research the selected topic to explain the logistics structure, how they operate in relation to the below topics, and specifically address the environmental issues arising from the business activities in that industry, and industry specific sustainability initiatives. You must also exemplify sustainability from 1-3 companies in your that industry. Ensure your paper covers the following criteria: what does the typical supply-chain look like? What are the environmental challenges ‘they’ currently face? What are the individual companies doing to be/become sustainable? What does the industry leader (a specific company) do regarding sustainability?
3. Readings to cover. You must address how the below topics are applied in the chosen industry.
Lecture Topics Readings
1 Supply Chain Management Ch. 1
2 Logistics Networks Ch. 3
4 Supply Chain Integration Ch. 6
Note: the grading procedure is discretionary and considers for example the quality of the presentation, how professional it is, content covered and its value contribution to the viewer. An assessment submitted after the applicable due date will not be marked and will receive a grade of 0%. If special circumstances prevent you from meeting the assessment due date, you can apply for an extension. If you do not have, or are not granted an approved extension, you should submit the work you have completed by the due date. Such submission will be marked against the assessment criteria and potentially rewarded with partial grades.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS