During this assignment, students will conduct a vulnerability assessment based on various security frameworks using an industry standard vulnerability scanner. The scan will be conducted on all three Windows Servers within your virtual environment created in the Topic 1 assignment.
- Download and install Nessus Essentials (free) vulnerability scanner on your Windows Standard Server.
- Conduct a vulnerability scan on all three servers.
- In a 250- to 500-word technical report, summarize the findings, to include the number of critical vulnerabilities discovered. Make sure to include screen shots of the completed scans.
- Perform a Windows update on all three servers. Make sure that you have completely updated each server with all applicable patches, service packs, and security updates.
- Conduct a second vulnerability scan on all three servers.
- Compare the results of your first scan with the second scan after updates. What was the percentage of improvements?
- In the same report, present a 250- to 500-word summary of the findings, including the percentage of reduced vulnerabilities. Make sure to include screenshots of the completed scans.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopeWrite.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS