Assessment Task 1
Therapeutic practice with an individual client, self-appraisal, and critical reflection.
Details of Assignment 1
Task: Self-appraisal and critical reflection of your counselling skills.
Reflective practice is important for professional development, growth, and professionalism. It contributes to self-awareness in relation to beneficence, promoting client wellbeing, supervision, and self-care. Self-awareness is having an objective knowledge about your strengths and areas in need of growth, within your personality.
In a therapeutic context, this perspective allows the counsellor to critically reflect on his or her own thoughts, feelings, and cognitive and emotional biases. Increasing your self-awareness, helps you become a more effective counsellor in how you relate to your clients. This skill can advance your professional and personal development. This assignment provides you with the opportunity to critically reflect on and appraise your counselling skills during an initial counselling session.
In this assignment, you will need to:
Conduct a 50-60-minute session with a fellow student in the program.
- The session may be conducted face to face or via Zoom (or another similar platform) but it needs to be video-recorded for your reference.
- The assignment is on your self-appraisal and critical reflection – it is not an assessment of your counselling skills per se.
- Ensure you use an even voice that is neither too critical nor too uncritical.
- Ensure you maintain client confidentiality and maintain ethical standards.
- Assignment Structure:
- Client presentation
- Describe your client, how they presented, what their concern/s were and their experiences of the session and underlying themes explored in the session.
- Critique how you formed a therapeutic alliance with your client. Use brief verbatim excerpts from the video. [5 marks]
- Discuss the counselling skills you used effectively & identify the counselling skills you need to develop. [15 marks]
- Elicit and reflect on verbal and written feedback from the client about the counselling session. [10 marks]
- How did you obtain feedback from your client about the counselling process?
- What sense did you make of your client’s feedback to you?
- How accurate and honest do you think this feedback is? What makes you say this?
- What did you learn about yourself as a counsellor from this feedback?
- Why is client feedback important?
Identify the Egan stage/s you covered in this session and how appropriate was this?
- Provide a critique of the Egan model in relation to your session, including its cultural appropriateness.
- How did you or could you tailor Egan to meet your client’s needs or preferences?
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS