Part 1 Blockchain (10%)
See attached story about Blockchains as an introduction. Answer the following questions.
1. Describe how BitBounce raised capital and explain what is innovative about this approach.
2. Detail the benefits of this approach compared to an IPO.
3. Identify all the risks in this financing approach.
4. Summarise the SEC July 25 report.
5. Search and identify at least 10 different startups that are using blockchain. Provide their name, where they are based, what financing they may have received (if info available) and a one sentence description (value proposition) about the business.
Part 2 Instagram and financiers (10%)
Use techcrunch.com and crunchbase.com to answer the following questions.
1. What was Instagram’s pivot? Describe the business before and after their pivot. What was the name of the company before Instagram? Is this pivot consistent with the “Lean Startup” model?
2. Before the pivot, investors including Baseline Ventures and Andreessen Horowitz participated in financing of a $500,000 seed round. How many investments and exits has each group had? Can you identify any cultural differences between the two groups?
3. How did the owners of Instagram exit the business? Describe the decision variables including pointing out the risks in this exit.
Part 3 Case study development (10%)
Pick a startup that has received two rounds of financing (with the last round in 2017) and is still operating. Do not pick the same company as any of your friends that are also taking this class. Prepare a 800-1,000 word case study that describes the business idea and links the funding to realistic financial metrics. Fill in a lean canvas (see leanstack.com) for the company so you understand the company fully. Create a projected future financing plan (estimates) tied to deliverables (metrics).
You can often find slides from startup pitches that have actual financial metrics (see slideshare.net) but you can create your own for the actual startup if you can’t find actuals. This part of the assignment tests your creativity and understanding of financial metrics and their links to financing.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS