BUS 105 Assessment Number 2: Report (Individual)
Submission due: Week 11 (May 27, 2022, Friday before 4pm); Weightage: 30%
This assessment is an individual assignment. All assignments must be submitted through MyCIHE in MS Word format (single file only). Email/hard copy submission will not be accepted.
If it is believed that a student has copied material from another student or any other source without appropriate referencing, the necessary action will be taken under the Institute’s Student Academic Integrity and Honesty Misconduct Policy.
You must submit the assignment electronically via Turnitin on the Unit Moodle site. If you need to apply for an extension, please email the Unit Coordinator Dr Harpreet Kaur ([email protected]) to explain the circumstances and attach all necessary supporting documentation.
Late penalties will be applied for assignments submitted after midnight on the due date without an approved extension. More details on late penalties are provided in the Unit outline.
Format: Report with the following sections: Title, Introduction, Body, Conclusion, Reference List
Word count: 1500 (excluding reference list)
a. Find the most current published national economic statistics report of any country you want to do the research on.
For example – If you decide that you want to conduct a research study on CHINA, you can use the below-mentioned link from google to find their national economic statistics –
The objective of this task is that you get the feel of a real-life example of a country’ economies and how does it work.
b. Read the national key economic components from the data provided on their government website and write a report with an intention of completing the following tasks:
1. Provide a brief summary of the socio-economic conditions of the country you have selected.
2. Looking at the contents page and flicking through the report, identify the major highlights of the report.
3. List and briefly discuss the national economic statistics of the countries such as – GDP, National Income etc. Also, identify the main components which are contributing in GDP, such as education, agriculture, mining etc.
4. Briefly discuss the macroeconomic indicators of the country you have selected, such as Inflation and unemployment. You need to mention the relevant theory to explain the relationship among those variables.
5. Compare the variation of these macroeconomic indicators over the period of two years.
6. Use appropriate and relevant graphs and statistics to explain the relationships among the macroeconomic variables.
7. Provide conclusion and your recommendations for the economic growth of the country you have selected.
Total marks – 30. Refer to the marking rubrics (next page) for more details.
ULO Criteria High distinction
85 – 100% Distinction
75 – 84% Credit
65 – 74% Pass
50 – 64% Fail
a, b, c and d Introduction:15%
– main dimensions of topic are clearly identified Topic is shown to be highly significant, relevant and is effectively introduced Topic is shown to be significant, relevant and is effectively introduced Topic is shown to be relevant; the purpose of the report is clear in this segment. Topic is shown to be relevant. But the purpose of the report is not clearly shown in this
segment. Irrelevant purpose of this report is shown in this segment of the report.
Discussion in the Main Body:
– logical argument
– effective research
– critical evaluation of ideas
– ordered and structured paragraphs
– sentences logically connected
correct referencing – Strong, logical arguments; high quality and quantity of evidence that supports convincing and coherent case
– shows a polished and imaginative approach to the essay with high clarity of expression
– Source information collected for all graphics, facts and
quotes. All documented in desired format. -Coherent, logical arguments; good quality and quantity of evidence that supports consistent case
– carefully and logically organised and written clearly
Source information collected for all graphics, facts and quotes. Most documented in desired format. -Logical argument; good quality and quantity of evidence that supports a persuasive case
– good organisation and coherence and mostly written clearly
Source information collected for graphics, facts and quotes, but few documented in desired format. -Mostly logical argument; adequate quality and quantity of evidence that supports a simplistic case
– little attempt to organise in a logical manner, or lacking clarity of expression
– Source information collected for graphics, facts and quotes, but not documented in
desired format. – Inconsistent, illogical or incoherent argument; poor quality and/or quantity of evidence
– disorganised and/or incoherent
Very little or no source information was collected.
Conclusion: 15%based on objectives identified in introduction –
compelling, strongly based on objectives set out in introduction -rounds off argument; consistent with objectives set out in introduction – mostly rounds off argument; consistent with objectives set out in
introduction – not convincing; sometimes inconsistent with objectives set out in
introduction – weak and not convincing; inconsistent with objectives set out in introduction
Overall presentation: – spelling; syntax; grammar; layout
15 % – Uses a wide range of vocabulary and grammatical structures with full flexibility and accuracy
Produces rare minor errors only as ‘slips’ – Uses a wide range of vocabulary and grammatical structures flexibly to convey precise meanings
Mostly produces error-free sentences – Uses a sufficient range of vocabulary and complex sentence forms to allow some flexibility
Frequently produces error-free sentences, though some grammatical mistakes persist – Can generally be understood throughout – Uses a limited range of vocabulary and grammatical structures which are minimally adequate for the task
May make noticeable errors which cause some comprehension problems
BUS105 Assessment 2 – Rubric for Report
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS