COUIOI Trimester 2 2022
Case Study 1
You have started working as a counsellor for a counselling organisation. On your third day of working, your manager allocates to you a 30-year-old female client, Millie, whose presenting concerns are about trying to have contact with other people. Millie tells you that she has no friends and finds it difficult to relate to others of her own age. She tells you that lives alone where she feels safe but is unhappy. Her work is administrative and is all online so she does not meet people as she would in an office. Millie identifies that meeting people is one goal for counselling and a second goal is finding a romantic partner. She has not had a relationship since she was 25. Millie tells you that she feels very young, as she did when she was 20 and so she feels she is more suited romantically to someone around 15 years old. She tells you she finds both males and females of that age attractive and thinks she would have more in common with them than someone closer to her age.
Case Study 2
Andrea is a counsellor working with clients who suffer from anxiety and depression. Andrea has been working with Zac for 5 months since he was referred to her by his General Practitioner for help to manage his anxiety and depression. Zac has been progressing well and says he is starting to feel better from counselling with Andrea. On his next session Zac asks if he can take Andrea out for coffee to thank her for working with him. Andrea is aware that client- counsellor boundaries must be upheld but believes that having a coffee with Zac would be ok.
Assessment 1: Written Assessment- Evidence of comprehension and applying information to scenarios (25%)
Due date: Friday at the end of week 4 at 11:59pm
Word Count: 1200 -1400 words
Students are required to read two ethical dilemma scenarios and respond to both, answering the following questions:
1. Provide one example of how the counsellor's personal beliefs could impact the ethical nature of the counselling relationship in each scenario
2. State the ethical principle(s) relevant to the scenario-refer to one of the two codes listed below to guide you
2. Describe any relevant reporting issues providing reasons for your answers
3. Discuss a possible course of action for the counsellor to take to resolve the dilemma in each scenario. In the first scenario write in the first person, as this is imagining you are counsellor, in the second scenario write in the third person as the counsellor is Andrea.
You should be guided by the lectures and prescribed unit readings. However, it is expected that you will conduct your own research to support your assertions and conclusions. It is expected that you will use either the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA) or Australian Counselling Association (ACA) Coc of Ethics to inform your final decisions. Careful consideration of relevant State and/or Federal legislation should also be included.
Use APA 7 referencing. Your assessment should include at least 5 peer reviewed, academic journa articles read, dating from 2010 onwards, in addition to any textbook references.
You must present your essay using either Arial or Times New Roman or Calibri font size 12 and mak sure the essay is double spaced and attach a BCS cover sheet to the front, correctly competed including accurate word count.
Do NOT utilise sources such as www.tutor2u.com and other such web materials as these in no way constitute academic references for the purpose of your assignment: If you rely on such sources for theoretical support you wi be deemed NOT to have met the requirements of the assessment.
Scenarios to be provided during the trimester.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS