Coursework Assessment Brief: Report (80%)File
The purpose of this assessment is to enable students to demonstrate a number of skills that have been developed within the Module, in particular:
• Good modeling capability of advanced powertrain control systems within the Matlab/Simulink environment
• An appreciation of advanced propulsion and emission control strategies available to the automotive engineer
• How best to specify and implement the chosen designs in order to optimize performance benefits.
This will be achieved by writing a structured report (around 4000 words). Unless specified, the manuscript will report individual work.
The report will contain three parts:
1. A review of advanced hybrid powertrains, their control strategies and how they may be implemented at particular speed and load points
2. The design and implementation of a realistic series or parallel hybrid powertrain.
3. The comparison of various idle speed control strategies
The part 2 (powertrain model) should:
• illustrate the mode based/rule based control of the power flow, in matlab/simulink
• use of an operating point optimizing fuel consumption or the efficiency of the ICE, using Ricardo Wave or justifications.
• follow the WLTP drive cycle
• reflective analysis of the results
The part 3 (Idle speed control) should:
• Discuss a ICE implementation using Ricardo Wave (group work)
• Illustrate the control via ignition timing (one member of the group work)
• Illustrate the control via the intake valve timing and regulation of the air mass rate flow (one member of the group work)
• Illustrate the control via the bypass valve and regulation of the air mass rate flow (one member of the group work)
• Illustrate the control via the throttle and regulation of the air mass rate flow (one member of the group work)
• Compare and discuss the control methods and a reflective analysis of the results
Note that it is required that the individual work (for each control strategy) has to be clearly identified in the report.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS