(a) Appraise the responsibilities of Management as stated in the Work Safety and Health Act.
(b) Explain the provisions in the Work Safety and Health (General Provisions)Regulation for the following:
(i) Prevention of fire
(ii) Safety provisions in case of fire
(a) Differentiate between Hazard and Risk in risk management.
(b) Identify SIX (6) different categories of Hazards and provide an example for each category.
(c) Elaborate on the Hierarchy of Control in risk management. Illustrate your understanding of the different control mechanism with an example each in relation to your own workplace.
You have been appointed to conduct a risk assessment audit of a general medical class ward in a hospital. In your initial visual audit of the ward premises, you have observed the following:
• wet floor at the door entrance to the toilet/bathing facility
• a dislocated curtain rail support around one of the ward beds
• 3 power switch points that are not in working condition
• a ceiling fan that is wobbly when it is switch on
• an unlocked medicine cabinet at the nurse station
• the laptop used to capture data of the ward patient’s medication requirement is left unattended to
(a) Identify and describe TWO (2) possible hazards which you observed in this hospital ward environment.
(b) Elaborate TWO (2) potential accidents or health risks that can arise from each hazard.
(c) Determine the Likelihood and Severity of the accidents or health risks resulting from each of the identified hazards.
(d) Explain the existing Risk Controls that are in place for each of the hazards.
(e) Propose an additional Risk Control measure you can implement to mitigate the hazards.
(f) Prepare and complete a Risk Assessment Form for your audit.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS