Student Number: (enter on the line below)
Student Name: (enter on the line below)
Trimester 02, 2021
Assessment Weight: 50 total marks
- All questions must be answered by using the answer boxes provided in this paper.
- Completed answers must be submitted to Blackboard by the published due date and time.
Submission instructions are at the end of this paper.
This assessment consists of six (6) questions and is designed to assess your level of knowledge of the key topics covered in this unit.
It is important when you answer the questions, you do not just copy and paste the answers from other sources, but rather, try to paraphrase it and provide reference (in- text referencing) to your answers. All references must be listed appropriately at the end of the assignment using Harvard referencing style. References provided must follow Reference Requirement detailed on page 4-5.
Question 1 (7 marks)
What are the advantages and disadvantages of a business, switching their customers to using a Mobile Application (or APP); instead of relying on a PC-web based interface only. You should give and discuss at least 2 advantages and 2 disadvantage points. You should justify your answer with appropriate peer-reviewed references.
ANSWER: ** Answer box will enlarge as you type
Question 2 (7 marks)
What are some advantages and disadvantages to using a WIFI network, in place of a hard-wired cabling system within your business or home network? You should compare and contrast the two network design approaches, and identify what type of network design you would recommend for your business or home network. You should justify your answer with appropriate peer-reviewed references.
Question 3 (7 marks)
If you were an eCommerce provider, such as eBay or Shopify, how would you be able to prove to your clients, that the website you have constructed for them, is connecting with potential clients and will be a long-term ongoing business concern. Use examples, and appropriate references to justify your answer.
Question 4 (7 marks)
You decided to start a business, and will be selling medical equipment to the public, such as masks etc. You will have at least 2 other employees and a delivery driver. What type of information system or computer related equipment and software, would you think you would need to purchase, to facilitate your business operations and goals? Discuss and justify your answer.
Question 5 (11 marks)
Amazon is now the largest retailer in the world. From a computing perspective, how were they able to achieve this? Furthermore, briefly give your own opinion: What impact will this have on traditional businesses. Is it good for the economy and society as a whole? Discuss, why or why not. You may write your solution, in a reflective format.
Question 6 (11 marks)
Why do software developers, use prototyping in the developmental stages of producing a new system for a client? Moreover, discuss some advantages and disadvantages to incorporating prototyping into the developmental process. Use examples where appropriate.
END OF FINAL ASSESSMENT
- Save submission with your STUDENT ID NUMBER and UNIT CODE e.g. EMV54897 HC3152
- Submission must be in MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT ONLY
- Upload your submission to the appropriate link on Blackboard
- Only one submission is accepted. Please ensure your submission is the correct document.
- All submissions are automatically passed through SafeAssign to assess academic integrity.
Assessment Design – Adapted Harvard Referencing
Holmes will be implementing as a pilot program a revised Harvard approach to referencing. The following guidelines apply:
- Reference sources in assignments are limited to sources which provide full text access to the source’s content for lecturers and markers.
- The Reference list should be located on a separate page at the end of the assignment and titled: References.
- It should include the details of all the in-text citations, arranged alphabetically A-Z by author surname. In addition, it MUST include a hyperlink to the full text of the cited reference source.
Hawking, P., McCarthy, B. and Stein, A. 2004. Second Wave ERP Education, Journal of Information Systems Education, Fall, http://jise.org/Volume15/n3/JISEv15n3p327.pdf
- All assignments will require additional in-text reference details which will consist of the surname of the author/authors or name of the authoring body, year of publication, page number of content, paragraph where the content can be found.
“The company decided to implement a enterprise wide data warehouse business intelligence strategies (Hawking et al, 2004, p3(4)).”
Non-Adherence to Referencing Guidelines
Where students do not follow the above guidelines:
- Students who submit assignments which do not comply with the guidelines will receive a 10% penalty.
- Late penalties will apply, as per the Student Handbook each day, after the student/s have been notified of the resubmission requirements.
- Students who comply with guidelines and the citations are “fake” will be reported for academic misconduct.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS