|Module Title:||Health and Safety in Care Settings|
|Module Leader:||Lynn Koworera|
|Time Limit:||20 minutes|
|Assessment date:||Please refer to the deadline on the VLE.|
• This is a group assignment.
• No extensions are available for this assessment.
• Mitigation: The deadline for submission of mitigation in relation to this
assignment is no later than five working days after the submission date of
this work. Please contact the Director of Studies Team –
[email protected] See rules 6.112 – 6.141:
Click to access academic_regs.pdf
• You must provide a hard copy of your Powerpoint/Prezzi slides at the start
of your presentation. This can be emailed to the lecturer before your
• Each member of the group should present for at least 5 minutes.
• Ensure that slide 1 includes all the group members’ names and SID
• Use Harvard referencing to acknowledge the sources.
• Your final slide should provide the Reference List.
You are a supervisor in a residential care home for older adults suffering with
dementia. Your manager has asked you and 3 other supervisors to create a
health and safety poster which will provide information to the staff. As a group
you must choose one of the topics listed below, and create a poster with
relevant information to educate the staff working in this residential care home. In
addition, you should prepare a 20-minute presentation based on the content of
Topics to choose from:
1. Slips and trips
2. Fire safety
3. Infection prevention
4. Waste management in healthcare
5. Manual handling
You will be expected to choose a topic from the list above and create a poster.
You will be expected to make an educational PowerPoint presentation based on
your poster. The poster should be relevant to the type of service user. The
content of the poster should be relevant to the audience. This assessment is an
opportunity for you to demonstrate your communication skills and ability to
contribute to teamwork.
To meet the learning outcomes of this assessment you must:
1. Identify and explain why the chosen topic is relevant to your service user
2. Identify a common hazard in the environment which your service users
3. Present your poster and justify what you included.
4. Explain the employers’ and employees’ responsibilities.
5. Identify practical interventions you have put in place to reduce the
identified risk to service users and staff.
You are required to engage with academic literature and legislation to support
this assessment. This should be referenced clearly on the last slide of your
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS