Assessment 3: Individual Written Essay (40%)
Due Date: Week 10
Word limit: 1300 – 1500 words
It is important for community services workers to understand the purpose of social policies, why they are developed and how they are shaped by the different theoretical perspectives and values of the decision makers in government. It is often a theoretical or ideological viewpoint which informs social policy decision making rather than a genuine identified social need or evidence-based research.
For this assessment, you must choose a social policy from the list below and the relevant social system it applies to:
• Income support
• Welfare to Work
• National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
• Inclusive Education
In your essay, you must answer/fulfill the following:
1. Describe the history of your chosen policy
2. Was it shaped by a genuine identified social need? Or did it come about as a result of the values of government decision makers?
3. Discuss the impact of your chosen policy on Australian society, specifically on a social system/s
Note: You must write about an Australian social policy.
Use APA 7 Referencing. Your essay should include at least 5 (scholarly) journal articles read, in addition to any textbook references. The format of your essay will be discussed in greater detail during tutorials.
Do NOT utilize sources such as www.tutor2u.com and other such web materials as these in no way constitute academic references for the purpose of your assignments. If you rely on such sources for theoretical support, you will be deemed NOT to have met the requirements of the assessment.
Criteria Weighting 100% HD D C P F
Analysis of literature on topic 35%
Conclusions derived from analysis and assessment of the topic 30%
Use and depth of research 20%
Presentation and referencing: effective and organised essay structure with correct referencing of up-to-date resources 15%
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS