Unit code, name and release number
BSBWRT401 Write Complex Documents (Release 1)
Qualification/Course code, name and release number
Teaching staff/student will need to select the correct qualification the student is enrolled in from the dropdown list.
BSB40215| Certificate IV in Business
The following student information only needs to be completed if you are not submitting your assessment via the online training platform.
If you are submitting this assessment online, complete the assessment declaration on the TAFE NSW online learning platform.
If you are submitting this assessment on paper, complete the following declaration.
• This assessment is my original work and no part of it has been copied from any other source except where due acknowledgement is made.
• No part of this assessment has been written for me by any other person except where such collaboration has been authorised by the assessor concerned.
• I understand that plagiarism is the presentation of the work, idea or creation of another person as though it is your own. Plagiarism occurs when the origin of the material used is not appropriately cited. No part of this assessment is plagiarised.
Student signature and Date
TAFE NSW would like to pay our respect and acknowledge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of the Land, Rivers and Sea. We acknowledge and pay our respect to the Elders, both past and present of all Nations.
Date created: 19 July 2018
For queries, please contact:
Technology and Business Services SkillsPoint
Building B, Level G, Corner Harris Street and Mary Ann Street, Ultimo, NSW 2007
© 2021 TAFE NSW, Sydney
RTO Provider Number 90003 | CRICOS Provider Code: 00591E
This assessment can be found in the: Learning Bank
The content in this document is copyright © TAFE NSW 2021, and should not be reproduced without the permission of the TAFE NSW. Information contained in this document is correct at time of printing: 10 November 2021. For current information, please refer to our website or your teacher as appropriate.
Table 1 Assessment instructions
Assessment details Instructions
Assessment overview The objective of this assessment is to assess your knowledge as would be required to recognise, compose, review and apply enterprise style guides as applicable.
To complete the unit requirements safely and effectively, the individual must:
• identify the enterprise style guide/house style
• outline formatting styles and their impact on formatting, readability and appearance of documents.
Assessment Event number 1 of 2
Instructions for this assessment This is a knowledge based assessment and will be assessing you on your ability to demonstrate skills required in the unit.
This assessment is in 2 parts comprising:
• Short answer questions
• Assessment feedback.
Submission instructions On completion of this assessment, you are required to upload it or hand it to your assessor for marking as instructed.
Ensure you have written your name at the bottom of each page of this assessment.
It is important that you keep a copy of all electronic and hardcopy assessments submitted to TAFE and complete the assessment declaration when submitting the assessment.
What do I need to do to achieve a satisfactory result? To successfully complete this assessment the student will be available at the arranged time to complete all the assessment criteria as outlined in the assessment instructions.
All parts of the task must be performed to a satisfactory level as indicated in the suggested Marking Guide.
All written questions must be answered correctly to be deemed satisfactory in this assessment task; however, Assessors may ask questions to clarify understanding.
What do I need to provide? Student workbook, pens, pencil, paper.
Assessment Conditions Assessment must be conducted in a safe environment where evidence gathered demonstrates consistent performance of typical activities experienced in the communication – writing field of work and include access to:
• office equipment and resources
• organisational policies and procedures
• organisational style guides.
Assessment location Assessment can be completed out of class.
Supervision This is an unsupervised, take-home assessment. Your assessor may ask for additional evidence to verify the authenticity of your submission and confirm that the assessment task was completed by you.
Due date/time allowed Refer to Unit Assessment Guide for due dates.
The estimated time for a student to complete this assessment is 60 minutes. However there is no time limit for students to complete this assessment. Students may complete the assessment outside of the classroom and submit to their teacher for marking.
Assessment feedback, review or appeals Appeals are addressed in accordance with Every Students Guide to Assessment.
Part 1: Short answer
You are employed as an Administration Assistant at Plan2go. As part of your role, you are required to write complex documents such as detailed business letters, instructions, policies and procedures. The process for writing these types of documents will have you planning and drafting the documents before producing the final version.
To complete this part of the assessment, you will be required to answer the following questions individually, and submit your answers typed into this Word document – based on the scenario above.
1. When you produce documents for Plan2go, you must ensure that you are following the organisational requirements for writing documents. Outline below Plan2go’s style guide requirements for creating written documents and emails.
Answer can be written in bullet format and should be between 50-100 words.
2. In the table below, identify four (4) formatting styles and describe their effect on the formatting, readability and appearance of documents.
Answers should be in sentence format and each answer should be between 30 and 50 words.
Formatting style Effect on formatting, readability and appearance of documents
3. Research the rules and conventions for written English, using general and specialist sources, which you should follow when writing documents. General sources may include student learning resources and general websites. Specialist sources may include Government and university resources.
From your research, identify and explain four (4) rules or conventions. You must provide the source of your explanation to evidence your research, i.e. copy and paste the internet address of the source at the end of your explanation.
Answer can be written in bullet format and entire answer should be between 80-100 words.
Part 2: Assessment Feedback
NOTE: This section must have the assessor signature and student signature to complete the feedback.
? Was the assessment event successfully completed?
? If no, was the resubmission/re-assessment successfully completed?
? Was reasonable adjustment in place for this assessment event?
If yes, ensure it is detailed on the assessment document.
Assessor name, signature and date:
Student acknowledgement of assessment outcome
Would you like to make any comments about this assessment?
Student name, signature and date
NOTE: Make sure you have written your name at the bottom of each page of your submission before attaching the cover sheet and submitting to your assessor for marking.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS