Using MATLAB programming language, write a program for modelling the path profile corresponding to
the data set given in following code fragment. An example radio path profile is shown in Figure 2 below.
- Refer to lecture 4 notes for the method and the formulas required for constructing the path profile. You may
start from the following code. Cut this code and paste as the starting code for your Matlab program. It
provides the path profile that you need to use. Then follow the remaining steps to develop your path profile
% Load path elevation file:
%D = 21.0;
%D = 27.9;
load(‘KB_MTD’);%this step loads the profile of the terrain for you in the
%You are required to use the array
D = 70.5;%all the points in the array ‘prof’ are spread over this distance
%D = 85.5;
- Use Matlab to find the length of your array in ‘prof’(ie, find how many items are in the file you have just
uploaded in Matlab). You need this length to plot your path profile properly. Note, ‘D’ is the total distance
between the transmitter and receiver.
- Using ‘D’ from the code fragment above, determine the separation between each entry in the vector ‘prof’.
You need this as your x-axis for plotting.
- Calculate ‘b’ for the earth bulge using K=4/3 and your data. Remember the formula.
You will have to choose your distances to achieve the bulge. Note
D ï€½ d1 ï€« d2
- You may need to plot the path profile to see how the terrain looks like so that you can choose the heights of
your antennas well. Choose the heights h1 and h2 of your antennas for the first and second sites (they
should be more than 10m and less than 60m).
- Write the code to determine the antenna height h1 of the first site in relation to the first point of the path
profile. Use the figure below as guide on how to determine this height h1.
- Write the code to determine the antenna height h2 of the second site in relation to the last point of the path
profile. Use the figure below as guide on how to determine this height h2.
- Construct the line of site and determine its equation using your data. Also superimpose the earth bulge on
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS