MGMT19105 Assessment 3 Term 3 2021
This assessment must be completed by students individually. The assessment is designed to build your skills and knowledge of applying Total Quality Management (TQM) philosophy and practices in an organisation of your choice. You are required to write a 2500-word short business report to the board of the organisation that describes 'why', 'what' and 'how' you recommend the organization to implement Total Quality Management (TQM).
Implementing the use of two (2) Quality Management tools and techniques within an organisation as you did in assessment 2 is a much smaller task than implementing Total Quality Management philosophy and practices across an entire organisation in assessment 3. You can continue your assessment 3 with the same organisation you chose for assessment 2. However, you need to address a much bigger quality challenge than just a single stand-alone quality-related problem. You want to ensure that the organisation embeds the Total Quality Management philosophy, principles, concepts, and practices within it to manage quality issues across the organisation.
a) You must select an organisation:
1. Such as a Business, Government, or Not-for-profit organisation of your own choice such as Subway Restaurants Australia, Coles Supermarkets, CommBank Australia, and Telstra. You must ensure that you have sufficient publicly available information or personal insight and knowledge about the organisation to identify a TQM problem or challenge within the organisation.
2. Or an organisation that you have been employed at and know well. You must have information or personal insight and knowledge about the organisation to identify a TQM problem or challenge within the organisation. Do not include confidential information in your report.
b) You must select a TQM implementation approach that will suit your selected organisation. Implementation of TQM will have to be adapted to the context and characteristics of your selected organisation. You must consult the TQM implementation resources made available on the unit website:
• There are TQM implementation suggestions in the unit textbook (Goetsch & Davis, 2021).
• There are additional journal articles with TQM implementation suggestions available on the unit website.
c) Your report must:
• Describe 'why' TQM should be implemented in the organisation. The board will want to know what the business rationale is and what business benefits the initiative is targeting. In other words: Why should they pay attention to your TQM proposal? What are the visible changes in the organisation once TQM is implemented?
• Describe 'what' you want to implement within the organisation as part of the TQM initiative. In other words: What quality management philosophies, principles, concepts, and tools do you want to implement within the business to achieve the business benefits? This must be supported by appropriate references.
• Describe 'how' you intend to implement the TQM initiative within the business. Outline a short plan that lists the steps in implementing TQM within the business. This is a simple list of sequential steps written in plain Australian English describing what will be done, why it will be done, and who will do it. It should be clear to the reader what is involved in each of the steps. This must be supported by appropriate references.
You can make a few assumptions about the information you use to describe the organisation. Do not use up a lot of words doing this and try to keep it realistic. Always remember that the purpose of the report is to demonstrate what you know about quality management and its practical application.
Assessment marking criteria
Your report will be assessed according to the following criteria.
Your report must demonstrate:
1. Identification of Total Quality Management related issues in the selected organisation. Description of the concept of Total Quality Management and its relevance to the identified quality issues. 30%
2. Appropriate and well-structured description of the implementation of Total Quality Management improvements within the selected organization. 25%
3. Clear flow of thought throughout the report with a convincing executive summary; clear and succinct purpose described in the introduction; relevant structure and content within the body of the report; and a clear and succinct conclusion. 15%
4. Critical review skills and integration of relevant literature. A minimum of five (8) academic and professional references must be used. 10%
5. Appropriate in-text referencing and reference list. Adherence to CQUniversity APA Reference Style. Correct paraphrasing. 10%
6. Clarity of expression, grammar, and spelling. Appropriate format within the word limit: 2500 words (±10%). 10%
Guidance on the content of the generic report chapters
Submit your report with a title page sheet containing:
• Your suggested assessment title. Your title should include the name of the organisation and the quality-related problem being addressed.
• The unit number and name
• Assessment number and name.
• Your name and student number.
The executive summary is intended for the busy executive needing an overview of the short report.
The executive summary is expected to contain summary statements key/important elements of the report such as the focus of the report, findings, discussion, conclusion and in some cases recommendations.
Table of contents
The table of contents is used to show the reader where parts of the report can be found.
The introduction provides the purpose and scope of the report.
The important conclusions should be stated in this section.
Your report must include in-text referencing and a correctly cited list of references ordered alphabetically by surname of the first author, following the APA referencing style.
Note that references are usually not cited in the executive summary, introduction, and conclusion. These are only used in the main body of the text.
Here you include material that is important to the report, but too comprehensive to include in the discussion of the report.
Goetsch, D. L., & Davis, S. (2021). Quality Management for Organizational Excellence: Introduction to Total Quality (Ninth International ed.). Hoboken, New Jersey: Pearson.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS