The purpose of this case assignment is to analyze an operations analytics problem, determine solutions for addressing organizational challenges, and communicate recommendations to organizational stakeholders.
Problem Read “Case 8: Publish or Perish: Scheduling Challenges in the Publishing Industry,” from the textbook
Network Diagram Model Evaluation
Based on the information in the case, use the “Operations Analytics Case Study Data” file, the “Operations Analytics Case Study Template,” and the Excel drawing tools to create a task network diagram based on the Production Steps information in the case. To clarify this information, assume that following:
1. The “Cover marketing created task is a successor to the First edit task.
2. The “Printer selection task is a successor to the Interior Layout (Pagination)” task,
3. The “Project sent to printer task is a successor to the “Printer selection task.
Place your task network diagram in the Network Diagram sheet of the Operations Analytics Case Study Template.”
Using the “Operations Analytics Case Study Template” file as a starting point, create Excel formulas for the following cells for each task:
1. Activity time (days)
2. Start (days)
3. Finish (days)
4. Resource availability (days)
5. Expected to be behind?
6. Cost of back up contractor
7. Actual backup cost
For Taskes 3, 4, 6, and 8-10 in the spreadsheet, assume that the 'Activity Times (Days)” will be the stated Mean times, For Tasks 1, 2, 5, 7, and 11-14 in the spreadsheet, assume that each of these 'Activity Times' can vary by 50% of their mean values and that they each follow a Uniform distribution (l.e., each value has an equal chance of occurring).
Using Microsoft Excel's “Spin Button' in the Developer tab, create spin buttons to vary the Activity Times accordingly for each of these tasks. Eure that your model includes calculations for Process Completion Time” and “Total Actual Backup Cost. Your model should approximate what factors could cause t
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS