Homework Topic: Organizational Culture
Question: Understanding organizational culture and how it works is crucial in leading effective organizations. One of the most important things for managers to remember is that they are in a sense like physicians. They are required to be aware of the symptoms, diagnose the root cause and prescribe a treatment that will bring the organization in to a state of wellness. In fact, too many managers fail to diagnose the root cause of an issue and merely prescribe short-sighted, ill-advised fixes which will, at most, only last for the short-term. Prescription without proper diagnosis is malpractice.
As you learn about organizational culture from you readings, please provide a written report and submit it to the drop box on the following:
1. Based on your readings and at least on external source. I would like you to explain the differences and similarities between organizational culture and organizational climate. One-way easy way to do the comparison is to take one facet of organizational culture, ethics (ethical culture) and organizational climate (ethical climate) and use the ethical dimension to illustrate the difference. Other example of a facet would be safety.
2. I want you to pay close attention to the section on Diagnosing Organizational Culture in the Bowditch et al. (2008) reading on p. 325 and do the following:
a. Think of an organization of which you are a part (e.g., Work, Club, Fraternity, Church, Synagogue, Elks lodge). Using the 5-step framework illustrated in Bowditch 2008), provide a diagnostic report of your organization.
b. Be sure to integrate at least one concept from an outside article into your report.
3. As always, use wisdom and precision in selecting and citing (APA) your sources. The higher quality sources, the higher your grade. For example, a textbook is not as high quality as a peer-reviewed journal article. Purely online sources are suspect and are best avoided unless you are certain that it is also available in print.
Please put reference at the last page.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS