Design a presentation the format of the presentation is your choice, focusing on working class women and corporate women in film/television, the public sphere, and/or popular culture. Explore gender and culture—the intersection of race and class and the impact on women’s leadership style and/ or ability.
To complete this assignment, consider the following examples:
- Corporate/Professional Women (film/ popular culture)
- Corporate Women (CEOs): Mary Barra, Indra Nooyi, Ginni Romelty, Marillyn Hewson, Susan Wojcicki, etc.
- Professional Women: Elizabeth Warren, Helen Gurly Brown, Gloria Steinem, Oprah Winfrey, Katie Couric, Barbara Walters, Connie Chung, Maria Shriver, Sonia Sotomayor, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Elena Kagan, etc.
- Professional Women (television characters/actresses): Kerry Washington (Scandal), Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones), Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife), Chandra Wilson (Grey’s Anatomy), and Tina Fey (30 Rock), etc.
- Corporate/Professional Women in film: Erin Brokovich, Devil Wears Prada, Joy, The Proposal, etc.
- Working Class Women (film/popular culture) Bread and Roses, Country, Norma Rae, Silkwood, Steel Magnolias, Working Girl, North Country, Salt of the Earth, Fast Food Women, My American Girls, Her Own Words
- Women in Nontraditional Jobs: Roseanne, etc.
- Female Politicos/Public Office: Hillary Clinton, Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, Michelle Obama, Sarah Palin, Mary L. Landrieu, Margaret Thatcher, Mary Robinson, Indira Gandhi, Eleanor Roosevelt, Golda Mier.
To frame the assignment context, consider a fundamental tenet of Women’s Studies and the Women’s Movement: the “personal is the political,” whereby the intersection of public issues (public sphere) and personal problems (private sphere) yields political action or movement. Address the following:
- Depict how women in film/television, the public sphere, and/or popular culture portray leadership and or management skills.
- Describe the characteristics, behaviors, and/or traits women exhibit that demonstrate their leadership or management skills.
- Explain if there is “politics to language” with respect to communication and leadership style/ability.
- Examine if there a (dis)connect with respect to age and leadership style/ability. If so, provide examples.
- Discuss the effect “labeling” has on leadership and women’s ascension (or lack thereof) to power.
Use three to five scholarly resources for evidentiary support.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency:
MS Psychology, Industrial and Organizational Psychology
5.4. Measure individual skills and abilities with organizational needs.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS