1) Strategic planning for a firm such as Disney with several SBUs probably occurs ________.
a. only in its corporate headquarters
b. only at the individual business unit level
c. at both the overall corporate level and at the individual SBU level
d. as needed based upon the success of the division
e. at the location best suited for this function based upon findings of the SWOT analysis
12) Canada’s Bombardier produces transportation vehicles ranging from commercial aircraft to high-speed trains. Each product class is a semi-autonomous entity that operates as an independent business with its own mission and objectives and its own marketing strategy. Each product class is called_______________.
a. strategic business unit
b. market development units
c. market penetration units
d. standard business units
e. competitive intelligence units
13) The marketing plan is a type of ________.
a. day-to-day plan
b. code of ethics
c. strategic plan
d. independent plan
e. functional plan
14) Which of the following is true about functional planning?
a. It is conducted by the various functional areas of a firm.
b. It is also called hierarchical management.
c. It encompasses a longer time span than strategic planning does.
d. It covers a shorter time span than operational planning does.
e. It is the same as strategic planning.
15) Vice presidents of large companies are typically in charge of ________ planning.
16) Which of the following types of managers would be most likely to engage in operational planning on a regular basis?
a. the company's CEO
b. the company's sales manager
c. the company's vice president of product research and development
d. the company's vice president of human resources
e. the company's chief financial officer
17) In firms with multiple SBUs, the first step in strategic planning is for top management to ________.
a. recruit and hire the right personnel
b. examine historical data
c. establish a mission for the entire corporation
d. allocate resources to the company's various SBUs
e. establish marketing's short-term objectives
18) Questions such as “What business are we in?” and “What customers should we serve?” are typically addressed in the ________ stage.
a. operational planning
b. strategic planning
c. market targeting
d. functional planning
e. marketing planning
19) A mission statement is a formal document that describes the organization's overall purpose and what it hopes to achieve in terms of its products, resources, and ________.
20) The ________ for Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is “to stop drunk driving, support the victims of this violent crime, and prevent underage drinking.”
a. operational plan
b. mission statement
c. portfolio analysis
d. market penetration strategy
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS