Assessment Task 1: Project 5
Assessment Task 1: Checklist 10
Final results record 15
Student Assessment Agreement
Make sure you read through the assessments in this booklet before you fill out and sign the agreement below.
If there is anything that you are unsure of, consult your assessor prior to signing this agreement.
Have you read the assessment requirements for this unit? ◻ Yes ◻ No
Do you understand the requirements of the assessments for this unit? ◻ Yes ◻ No
Do you agree to the way in which you are being assessed? ◻ Yes ◻ No
Do you have any specific needs that should be considered? ◻ Yes ◻ No
If so, explain these in the space below.
Do you understand your rights to re-assessment? ◻ Yes ◻ No
Do you understand your right to appeal the decisions made in an assessment? ◻ Yes ◻ No
|Student name||Rooma Devi|
|Qualification Code and Name||BSB80120 Graduate Diploma of Management (Learning)|
|Unit Code and Name||BSBSTR801 Lead innovative thinking and practice|
|Assessor name||Nurul Imam|
Assessment Cover Sheet
To be filled out and submitted with assessment responses
◻ I declare that this task is all my own work and I have not cheated or plagiarised the work or colluded with any other student(s).
◻ I understand that if I If I am found to have plagiarised, cheated or colluded, action will be taken against me according to the process explained to me.
◻ I have correctly referenced all resources and reference texts throughout these assessment tasks.
|Student name||Rooma Devi|
|Student ID number||2020210568|
The assessment tasks for BSBSTR801 Lead innovative thinking and practice are outlined in the assessment plan below. These tasks have been designed to help you demonstrate the skills and knowledge that you have learnt during your course.
Please ensure that you read the instructions provided with these tasks carefully. You should also follow the advice provided in the Business Works Student User Guide. The Student User Guide provides important information for you relating to completing assessment successfully.
Assessment for this unit
BSBSTR801 Lead innovative thinking and practice describes the skills and knowledge required to generate, lead and sustain innovative organisational thinking and practice.
For you to be assessed as competent, you must successfully complete one assessment task:
- Assessment Task 1: Project – You must work through a range of activities and complete a project portfolio.
|Assessment Task 1: Project|
Information for students
In this task, you are required to demonstrate your skills and knowledge by working through a number of activities and completing and submitting a project portfolio.
You will need access to:
- your learning resources and other information for reference
- Project Portfolio template
- Simulation Pack (if you need a case study).
Ensure that you:
- review the advice to students regarding responding to written tasks in the Business Works Student User Guide
- comply with the due date for assessment which your assessor will provide
- adhere with your RTO’s submission guidelines
- answer all questions completely and correctly
- submit work which is original and, where necessary, properly referenced
- submit a completed cover sheet with your work
- avoid sharing your answers with other students.
|Information about how you should complete this assessment can be found in Appendix A of the Business Works Student User Guide. Refer to the appendix for information on:
● where this task should be completed
● how your assessment should be submitted.
Note: You must complete and submit an assessment cover sheet with your work. A template is provided in Appendix B of the Student User Guide. However, if your RTO has provided you with an assessment cover sheet, please ensure that you use that.
Complete the following activities:
- Carefully read the following:
|This project requires you to understand, lead, support, implement and sustain innovation in your organisation.|
|Vocational education and training is all about gaining and developing practical skills that are industry relevant and that can help you to succeed in your chosen career. For this reason, we are giving you the choice to base this project on your own business, one you work in or a familiar with, or you can use the case study provided. This will mean that you are applying your knowledge and skills in a relevant, practical and meaningful way to your own situation!|
|It is important that you are able to access enough information for your chosen business in order to be able to do your assessment. As a minimum this should include:
● numerical/financial information to establish the financial benefit of pursuing innovation
● information to monitor and evaluate innovative practices and processes.
|You will need to communicate with stakeholders. Your communication may be either directly with actual staff members or fellow students/your assessor can play the roles of relevant people/parties. Communication can be in any appropriate format (e.g., face to face, video conference, email, social media posts) as long as it meets the requirements outlined in the Project Portfolio.
You will be collecting evidence for this unit in a Project Portfolio. The steps you need to take are outlined below.
|Make sure you are familiar with the organisation you are basing this assessment on and have read through the necessary background information. For the case study business, this is all of the documents included in the Simulation Pack. If it’s your own business or a business where you are working or are familiar with, have your business or case study approved by your assessor.
Complete Page 4 of your Project Portfolio for this unit.
Read through the requirements of Section 1, 2 and 3 of your Project Portfolio.
Please see my ans in Page 4 of your Project Portfolio
|If you are using the case study, additional information to complete the steps are contained in the Simulation Pack. If you are using your own organisation, make sure you have the enough information to fulfil the requirements in the Project Portfolio.|
- Understand innovation in your organisation
|Complete Section 1 of your Project Portfolio. To do this, you need to:
● describe your role in the organisation and explain how your role fits into the organisational structure.
● research innovation.
● research, analyse and review the culture of innovation in your organisation.
● summarise the requirements necessary to lead innovation in your organisation.
● conduct a cost/benefit analysis of implementing innovation strategies, practices, processes and systems in your organisation.
● present your work as a written report.
|To do your research, you are required to access at least three different sources of information to do research (for example, discussion with stakeholders, internet searches, industry standards, best practice examples etc.
Your written report must use appropriate, clear and concise language suitable to the audience for whom the report is intended. You will be assessed on this.
|Make sure you have answered all questions in Section 1.
You are required to attach certain documents as part of your evidence – review the documents you need to attach as outlined in Section 1 of the Project Portfolio.
Submit Section 1 to your assessor.
- Lead and support innovation in your organisation
|Complete Section 2 of your Project Portfolio. To do this, you need to:
● assess and explain your personal leadership style.
● develop and apply at least two strategies to make innovation an integral part of your organisation.
● establish at least two processes/systems which support innovation and confirm an ongoing awareness of individual and team contributions to innovative thinking and practice.
|● Communicate with at least two stakeholders by using at least two different tools for the communication to:
o promote and share innovation knowledge
o introduce and promote creative thinking techniques
o introduce and promote innovative practices, processes, products and/or services.
|Communication can take place in any appropriate format as long as it adheres to the requirements in the Project Portfolio. You must provide at least one resource to support your communication. For example, a weekly team meeting with PowerPoint presentation or an email to stakeholders with an innovation fact sheet attached.|
|Continue working on Section 2 of your Project Portfolio to:
● confirm that your organisation values a team approach to communication, consultation and development for innovation.
- Implement and sustain innovation in your organisation
|Assume that a period of time has passed.|
|Complete Section 3 of your Project Portfolio. To do this, you need to:
● monitor at least one system/process established on Section 2 of your Project Portfolio that confirms an ongoing awareness of individual and team contributions to innovative thinking and practice.
|Meet with at least two stakeholders to identify issues in the organisation, generate and evaluate possible solutions to the issues, select the most appropriate option to focus on and seek feedback.|
|This meeting should take 20 minutes. It may take place with actual people who work for/are associated with your chosen organisation. Alternatively, classmates or your assessor may play the role of one or more team members.
This can either be viewed in person by your assessor or you may like to video record the session for your assessor to watch later. Your assessor can provide you with more details at this step. Make sure you follow the instructions below and meet the timeframes allocated. If this session is not viewed in person by your assessor, you will attach proof of the meeting to Section 3 of your Project Portfolio.
As part of this meeting you must demonstrate their ability to:
● discuss information using language appropriate for the audience
● use active listening and questioning techniques to encourage discussion and clarify/confirm understanding
● include critical and creative thinking techniques
● use inclusive and collaborative techniques to communicate, negotiate and consult effectively
● actively seek the perspective of others.
You will be assessed on this.
|Continue working on Section 3 of your Project Portfolio to:
● identify, evaluate and manage at least two risks associated with the option you selected as part of your stakeholder meeting.
● analyse and reflect on your own innovative performance.
● develop at least one strategy to improve innovation in your organisation.
● make at least one change to innovative practices in your organisation.
- Submit your completed Project Portfolio
|Make sure you have completed all sections of your Project Portfolio, answered all questions, provided enough detail as indicated and proofread for spelling and grammar as necessary. Remember to submit all necessary attachments as indicated.|
Please see attached my complete completed Project Portfolio with attachment
Assessment Task 1: Checklist
|Student’s name: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx|
|Did the student:||Completed successfully?||Comments|
|Understand innovation in their organisation by:
● describing their role in the organisation and explaining how their role fits into the organisational structure
● accessing at least three different sources of information to do research
● researching innovation, including:
o comparing and contrasting at least one past and one current innovation theory and the associated thinking behind these theories.
o summarising relevant workplace conditions, including:
− specific conditions that facilitate innovation
− specific issues that impact innovative thinking and creativity
o analysing at least two potential barriers and two potential risks associated with introducing and maintaining innovation in an organisation
o describe strategies that may be used to respond to the barriers/risks
o summarising at least four techniques and tools that can be used in your organisation to generate ideas and facilitate creative thinking.
o identifying three examples of leadership styles and discuss the impact on innovation, specifically whether the style of innovation encourages or inhibits innovation within an organisation.
● researching, analysing and reviewing the culture of innovation in their organisation, including:
o an analysis of internal and external environmental culture and trends that shape their organisation’s:
− current thinking and practice regarding innovation.
− future thinking and practice regarding innovation
o a review of innovation drivers and enablers in their organisation
o an assessment of the current resources that are available to ensure innovation occurs
● summarising the requirements necessary to lead innovation in their organisation, including
o an assessment of at least three requirements to integrate innovation as a sustainable part of your organisation’s activities
o a list of at least two ways to:
− capture ideas and practices relating to innovation in your organisation
− communicate with stakeholders relating to innovation
− promote the transfer of relevant innovation knowledge within in your organisation
o a summary of at least two strategies that may be implemented in your organisation to foster a workplace culture that encourages innovation
o a review of at least two innovative practices, processes, products and/or services that may suit and be implemented in their organisation
● conducting a cost/benefit analysis for implementing innovation strategies, practices, processes and systems.
● writing a report using appropriate, clear and concise language suitable to the audience for whom the report is intended
|Lead and support innovation in their organisation by:
● assessing their personal leadership style and explaining how their leadership style already models (or should be improved to model) positive innovative thinking and practice
● developing and applying at least two strategies to make innovation an integral part of your organisation and build/maintain effective working relationships
● establishing at least two processes/systems which:
o support innovation
o confirm an ongoing awareness of individual and team contributions to innovative thinking and practice.
● communicating with at least two stakeholders using at least two different tools for the communication to:
o promote and share innovation knowledge
o introduce and promote creative thinking techniques
o introduce and promote innovative practices, processes, products and/or services
● providing at least one resource to support their communication.
● confirming that their organisation values a team approach to communication, consultation and development for innovation.
|Implement and sustain innovation in their organisation by:
● monitoring at least one system/process that confirms an ongoing awareness of individual and team contributions to innovative thinking and practice.
● meeting with at least two stakeholders to:
o identify issues in the organisation
o use a creative thinking technique to generate and evaluate possible solutions to the issues
o select the most appropriate option to focus on
o seek feedback
● identifying, evaluating and managing at least two risks
● analysing and reflecting on their own innovative performance
● developing at least one strategy to improve innovation in your organisation
● making at least one change to innovative practices in your organisation.
|Demonstrate effective oral communication skills, including:
● discusses information using language appropriate for the audience
● use active listening and questioning techniques to encourage discussion and clarify/confirm understanding.
● use inclusive and collaborative techniques to communicate, negotiate and consult effectively.
● actively seek the perspective of others.
|Task outcome:||◻ Satisfactory||◻ Not satisfactory|
|Final results record|
Final assessment results
|Satisfactory||Unsatisfactory||Did not submit|
|Assessment Task 1||Project||S||U||DNS|
|Overall unit results||C||NYC|
- My performance in this unit has been discussed and explained to me.
- I would like to appeal this assessment decision.
Student signature: Date:
- I hereby certify that this student has been assessed by me and that the assessment has been carried out according to the required assessment procedures.
Assessor signature: Date:
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS