Jack is a 36-year-old leader within a major hospital. As a leader, he prides himself as a professional who supports his team and helps each of them to meet their chosen goals. From a personal standpoint, he focuses on eating healthy, exercising regularly, and playing on his church’s basketball team but for the past year, his focus on healthy living has declined because of professional responsibilities. During a follow-up visit to his physician for laboratory test results, he is told by his primary care doctor that his cholesterol is 286, HDL 30, LDL 85, and triglycerides 500. The primary care doctor explains the meaning of the test results. The primary care doctor explains that Jack will need medication to control his cholesterol and lipids, writes prescriptions, and explains that his condition is one of a chronic nature and will likely require lifelong treatment. The risks and benefits of treatment are explained while Jack sits quietly in disbelief. Jack takes the prescriptions and leaves the office convinced that this is a joke. He tears the prescriptions in pieces and throws them in the trash. Jack knows that his recent lack of focus related to his health have taken its toll, along with his family history. He vows to exercise more and eat a better diet but also wonders how he can turn his bad habits into good ones without neglecting his team. (Self-Concept Case Study, 2010) Please address the follow questions.
- What actions by Jack suggest his self-esteem may be negatively impacted by his diagnosis?
- What positive direction might Jack explore to help with the acceptance of his diagnosis? How can he motivate his team to get involved in the process?
- Identify the potential causes in Jack disturbance of self-concept.
- How can the behaviors related to self-disclosure and time play a role in helping Jack to accept and live with his diagnosis? What role does communication play in Jack’s overall acceptance? As a leader, how can Jack engage his team in this new healthy lifestyle while respecting his privacy?
Submit a 2-page paper. The paper should cite at least 2 sources, using APA format, independent of the textbook and other reasons.
Before beginning this assignment, read the attached General Guidelines for Case Studies
Please keep in mind to AVOID PLAIGIRISM.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND TO USE FREE WEBSITES OR BOOKS THAT ARE EASY TO CITE AND WITHIN EVERYONE’S REACH. PLEASE DO NOT USE WEBSITES THAT NEED TO BE PURCHASED
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS