Case study short-answerquestions
This assignment task requires you to answer 11 short answer questions. You must:
- read each question carefully
- answer all questions, including sub parts
- answer all questions using one to two full sentences, unless otherwise directed
- provide the stated number of examples (where applicable)
- submit your answers in written form via the digital submission point, unless other agreed with Swinburne.
- Download this question template.
- Save a copy of this document to the preferred folder on your computer, adding your name to the filename.
- Answer all questions provided. Save as you go so you don’t lose any of your work.
- When you have finished, read the declaration on the assignment page.
- Upload your completed document to the assignment page by selecting the ‘Submit Assignment’ button at the top of page.
Read the below scenario then answer each question:
Mrs Peggy Smyth is a frail elderly lady admitted to hospital from a nursing home with mild confusion and a fever. Her vital signs are as follows Temp 37.8 Ax; PR irreg 88; BP 110/60.
She is incontinent of both urine and faeces. Mrs Smyth states she has a poor appetite and finds swallowing difficult.
Mrs Smyth tires very easily and is not able to assist with meeting her own hygiene needs.
When Mrs Smyth is a awake she is restless and removing the bed coverings. Additionally she refuses to accept your offers of oral fluids, despite having poor skin turgor.
The short term aim is to get Mrs Smyth out of bed and increasing her oral intake.
|1||State (3) three potential problems that Mrs Smyth may experience ( 2 marks each)|
|2||State (3) three actual problems that Mrs Smyth may experience ( 2 marks each)|
|3||Describe 2 interventions and risk prevention strategies that you would implement for each of the three potential problems you identified in Question 1. ( 2 marks each)|
|4||Describe 2 interventions and risk prevention strategies that you would implement for each of the three actual problems you identified in Question 2 . ( 2 marks each)|
|5||Describe three (3) different aids that could be used to help manage Mrs Smyth’s incontinence ( 2 marks each)|
|6||Describe (4) four factors you should consider when assessing this clients skin? (2 marks each)|
|7||Describe five (5) factors which may make an individual more are susceptible to falling? (2 marks each)|
|8||For each of the five (5) factors listed in Question 7, describe 2 interventions/risk prevention strategies that you would implement to reduce the risk of falls. (1 mark each)|
|9||Describe the four (4) client criteria which should be included when conducting a client mobility/transfer assessment? (1 mark each)|
|10||Briefly describe (4) four nursing actions which will help this client with her oral intake (1 mark each)|
|11||Describe (8) eight factors you must take into account before commencing direct care with Mrs Smyth? (2 marks each)|
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS