14:13 • Safari
sources of funding for the company’s expansion plans.
Information on the new ferry
Ferries are normally operated profitably for five years after which they are decommissioned. They are then sold for approximately 10 percent of its cost. The estimated data on the proposed new ferry are as follows:
Discount factor £000 Cost of ferry 1.000 (150,000) Cash inflows for five years: Year 1 0.971 55,230 Year 2 0.943 70,045 Year 3 0.915 88,375 Year 4 0.888 79,870 Year 5 0.863 57,555 Sale of decommissioned ferry in year 5 0.863 45,000
The company’s borrowing rate, which is the same as its cost of capital, is three percent. The discount factors for the cost of capital is provided in the above data for the relevant years.
What you must do
Write a report of one thousand words on behalf of the Director of Finance for presentation to the Board of Directors which most cover the following:
1. Short term and long term sources of finance to fund the acquisition of the ferry and for the company’s working capital needs, and 2. An evaluation of various investment appraisal techniques and recommending the viability of the acquisition and operation of the new ferry based on one suitable investment appraisal technique using the data above.
Your report must be appropriately structured. The following is suggested as a guide of how a good report should be:
• An introductory section with brief description of 4yjj, Company and what the report is about. • The main section (body) of the report, which may be subdivided on the basis of the two themes listed. • A concluding section that briefly gmArsjm your work.
Notes to students
1. Students should make correct use of the Harvard referencing method. 2. Electronic copy of assignment must be submitted on Blackboard through Turnitin 3. Marks may be awarded for satisfactory use of language 4. This is an individual piece of work required to meet Learning outcome 4
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS