DRA 110: Intro to Theatre (online)
Theatre History assignment
For this assignment, you will be looking at a specific period of theatre history,
and creating a short presentation to “teach” me about the period.
1. Choose a theatre period from one of the following:
a. Greek Theatre (Athens, 5th century BCE)
b. Medieval Theatre (after fall of Rome, prior to the Renaissance)
c. Elizabethan Theatre (Shakespeare’s period)
d. French Renaissance
e. Early modern European theatre (1870-1920s)
f. Contemporary American Theatre (1960s – the present)
2. Research the period online; I would suggest a Google search. A good
place to start is:
There are many others sites and sources on the web.
3. Once you have done research, from MORE THAN ONE SOURCE, decide
what specific aspect of the period you would like to “teach” me about:
possible areas might include a few prominent playwrights of the era,
acting styles of the period, theatre architecture of the time, etc. Choose
ONE to explore.
4. Start to collect data, as well as visuals (photos and/or videos
acceptable) to add to your presentation. Decide upon a structure, like
writing a paper – an introduction that clearly states what you will be
exploring, a logical progression of info, and a wrap-up/conclusion.
5. Use any of the three most popular presentation programs (Powerpoint,
Prezi, or Google Slides) to create a teaching presentation that you will
send to me, either as an attachment, or as a link. This is the actual
assignment that I will grade. Your presentation should contain at least 8 slides/pages.
6. Have fun, be creative. You have all sat through boring presentations,
here’s your chance to shake it up!
7. Feel free to email with questions, ideas, etc. I look forward to seeing
what you have to share!
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS