Section 1: Understand innovation in your organisation 5
Section 2: Lead and support innovation in your organisation 7
Section 3: Implement and sustain innovation in your organisation 10
|Organisation this assessment is based on:|
|Documentation reviewed as preparation:|
|Section 1: Understand innovation in your organisation|
- Describe the organisation you are basing this project on.
- What is the name of the organisation?
King Edward VII college
- What are the main activities of the organisation?
- What is your role in the organisation?
- How does your role fit into the organisational structure?
- Identify at least two stakeholders who will be associated with or impacted by innovation in your organisation.
- How are your identified stakeholders associated with or impacted by innovation?
- Summarise any existing organisational requirements relating to identifying, introducing and promoting innovative practices, processes, products and/or services (for example, communication policies and procedures, risk management policies and procedures etc.)?
|The remainder of Section 1 of your portfolio requires you to do research. You must access at least three different sources of information to do your research (for example, discussion with stakeholders, internet searches, industry standards, best practice examples etc.).
You may also use the additional information in the Simulation Pack to assist you in answering the questions.
Attach proof of your sources to this section of your portfolio (e.g. screen shot of search results, list of website links etc.)
- Research innovation:
- Choose at least one past and one current innovation theory. Compare and contrast these theories and the associated thinking behind these theories.
- Summarise relevant workplace conditions, including:
- specific conditions that facilitate innovation (e.g. critical thinking).
- specific issues that impact innovative thinking and creativity.
- Analyse at least two potential barriers and two potential risks associated with introducing and maintaining innovation in an organisation
- Describe strategies that may be used to respond to the barriers/risks.
- Summarise at least four techniques and tools that can be used in your organisation to generate ideas and facilitate creative thinking.
- Identify three examples of leadership styles and discuss the impact on innovation, specifically whether the style of innovation encourages or inhibits innovation within an organisation.
- Research, analyse and review the culture of innovation in your organisation. Include:
- An analysis of internal and external environmental culture and trends that shape your organisation’s:
- current thinking and practice regarding innovation.
- future thinking and practice regarding innovation.
- A review of innovation drivers and enablers in your organisation.
- An assessment of the current resources that are available to ensure innovation occurs.
- An analysis of internal and external environmental culture and trends that shape your organisation’s:
- Summarise the requirements necessary to lead innovation in your organisation. Include:
- an assessment of at least three requirements to integrate innovation as a sustainable part of your organisation’s activities.
- a list of at least two ways to:
- capture ideas and practices relating to innovation in your organisation.
- communicate with stakeholders relating to innovation (different methods may be appropriate for different stakeholders).
- promote the transfer of relevant innovation knowledge within in your organisation.
- a summary of at least two strategies that may be implemented in your organisation to foster a workplace culture that encourages innovation.
- Review at least two innovative practices, processes, products and/or services that may suit and be implemented in your organisation.
- Conduct a cost/benefit analysis of implementing innovation strategies, practices, processes and systems. Present the information in an appropriate format (e.g. table and/or graph).
- Present the work you’ve done in this section as a written report to a relevant stakeholder (e.g. Board of directors). Use the space below to list which stakeholders will receive the report.
Note: Attach your report to this section of your portfolio.
|Section 2: Lead and support innovation in your organisation|
|Use the work you completed in Section 1 of your Project Portfolio and if relevant, the additional information in the Simulation Pack to help you complete this section.|
- Assess your personal leadership style, including:
- using an appropriate tool to assess your leadership style (e.g. https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/leadership-style-quiz.htm)
- a description of your leadership style
- an explanation how your leadership style already models (or should be improved to model) positive innovative thinking and practice.
Note: Attach proof of your leadership style assessment to this section of your portfolio.
- Develop and apply at least two strategies to make innovation an integral part of your organisation. Complete the table below (you have already identified the strategies in Section 1 of your Project Portfolio).
Note: Attach proof of your developed and applied strategies. If necessary, provide separate proof of a develop strategy (e.g. list of rewards) and how it has been applied (draft email to all staff notifying them of the strategy). If your organisation requires more than two strategies, attach the additional details to this section of your portfolio.
|Description of the strategy||How will you develop the strategy?||How will you apply the strategy?||How does the strategy build/maintain effective working relationships|
- Establish at least two processes/systems in your organisation by completing the table below. Your processes/systems must:
- support innovation (and the strategies you developed in the previous question)
- confirm an ongoing awareness of individual and team contributions to innovative thinking and practice.
Note: if your organisation requires more than two systems or processes, attach the additional details to this section of your portfolio.
|Description of process/system||Details of process/system||How do processes/systems support innovation and confirm ongoing awareness of contributions to innovation?||How will I monitor the system/process?|
- Plan to communicate with stakeholders by completing the table below. You need to:
- communicate with at least two stakeholders
- use at least two tools to communicate (e.g. email, verbal, social media etc.)
- provide at least one resource to support your communication (e.g. fact sheet, flowchart etc.)
Note: You can communicate more than one requirement in a single form of communication (e.g. you can discuss all the requirements listed in the table below as part of a single weekly team meeting, send an email to summarise what was discussed and provide a fact sheet for all employees to reference at a later stage). Attach your resource(s) to the section of your portfolio.
|What must I communicate?||Who will I communicate to?||How will I communicate?||Which resource will I provide?|
|Promote and share innovation knowledge.|
|Introduce and promote creative thinking techniques.|
|Introduce and promote innovative practices, processes, products and/or services (established in the previous question).|
- Summarise your communication with stakeholder(s) to:
- promote and share innovation knowledge.
- introduce and promote creative thinking techniques.
- introduce and promote innovative practices, processes, products and/or services.
Note: If not already viewed in person by your assessor, attach proof of your communication to this section of your portfolio (e.g. video recording of a team meeting, PowerPoint presentation, email to employees). You will attach at least two different forms of communication.
- Confirm that your organisation values a team approach to communication, consultation and development for innovation.
Note: Attach proof of your confirmation to this section of your portfolio (for example, survey results or draft email to all managers etc.)
|Attach:||Leadership style assessment||☐|
|Proof of developed and applied strategies||☐|
|Resources to support innovation processes||☐|
|Proof of communication with stakeholders (at least two)||☐|
|Proof of confirmation||☐|
|Section 3: Implement and sustain innovation in your organisation|
|Use the work you completed in Section 2 of your Project Portfolio and if relevant, the additional information in the Simulation Pack to help you complete this section.|
- Monitor at least one system/process established on Section 2 of your Project Portfolio that confirms an ongoing awareness of individual and team contributions to innovative thinking and practice:
- Has the system or process been implemented?
- Are employees following the process/system?
- Plan to generate innovate ideas for your organisation in collaboration with relevant stakeholders by completing the table below. You will meet with at least two stakeholders to:
- identify issues in the organisation
- generate and evaluate possible solutions to the issues.
- select the most appropriate option to focus on
- seek feedback.
|Who will I meet with?|
|Which issues will be discussed?|
|Which creative thinking techniques and tools will I use (at least one) to generate solutions?|
|How will I include critical thinking?|
|How can I be inclusive, collaborative and seek the perspectives of others?|
|What am I willing to negotiate?|
|Which negotiation techniques will I use (at least three)?|
|How will we evaluate the solutions to choose the best one?|
|How will I seek feedback about the meeting to generate and evaluate ideas?
Note: You may seek feedback in any appropriate format (e.g. survey, questionnaire, face-to-face discussion at the meeting etc)
- Summarise the outcomes of your meeting with relevant stakeholders to generate and evaluate innovate ideas for your organisation.
Note: If not already viewed in person by your assessor, attach proof of your communication to this section of your portfolio (e.g. video recording of brainstorming session).
- Summarise the feedback from stakeholders about their experience of the meeting to generate and evaluate ideas. Summarise the feedback in the table below.
Note: Attach proof of the feedback to this section of your portfolio (unless the feedback was provided face-to-face during the meeting).
|What did stakeholders like about the idea generation/evaluation process?|
|What did the stakeholders NOT like about the idea generation/evaluation process?|
|What improvements for future idea generation and evaluation sessions have been suggested?|
- Complete the table below to identify, evaluate and manage at least two risks associated with the option you selected as part of your stakeholder meeting in the previous question.
Note: If your organisation uses a specific template for risk management planning, use that template and attach the completed risk management plan to this section of your portfolio.
(scale of 1 – 4)
(scale of 1 – 4)
(severity x likelihood)
|Control actions||Resource requirements|
- Analyse and reflect on your own innovative performance:
- How have you applied innovative, creative and critical thinking to understand, lead, support and implement innovation in your organisation?
- What have you done well?
- What can you improve on?
- Make improvements considering the feedback from stakeholders and your own personal analysis:
- Develop at least one strategy to improve innovation in your organisation.
- Make at least one change to innovative practices in your organisation.
Note: Attach proof of the changes to this section of your portfolio (e.g. amended fact sheet).
|Attach:||Proof of meeting (if relevant)||☐|
|Proof of feedback (if relevant)||☐|
|Proof of changes to innovative practices||☐|
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS