Your team is materials and distribution manager for Global Olympic Enterprises.
INB355 Import and Export Process
Group Assignment – Due Tue, April 16th, 2022 – 15%
To be completed in Student TEAMs of maximum 5
Case Study –Your team as international trade compliance team is hired to present to the customer for the following scenario. Please ensure all six questions are answered. The presentation needs to be in power point format only
Your team is materials and distribution manager for Global Olympic Enterprises. Your team is responsible for all transportation, distribution, materials, and purchasing for her firm.
The company has just embarked upon a new venture in Africa that will involve moving Medical Equipment and supplies from Toronto to South Sudan for Pfizer Pharmaceuticals and to be delivered to Medicin Sans Frontier (Doctors Without Borders). Your team has hired your organization as her freight forwarding consultant and agent. You have identified two transportation choices:
1) move the freight by water, which takes 38 days, and
2) move it by air, which only takes 4 days, door to door.
The relevant costs in Your team ‘s decision are as follows:
· freight by water is $2650 with delivery to the dock in Miami costing $385 and pier to plant delivery in Africa of $225. The air move would be $2,850 for door-to-door service
· documentation using the water mode would be $185 whereas the air move would cost $255 insurance by water would cost $780 per move; with air it would be $260
· packing and crating by water would be $666 per shipment; with air it would only involve stretch wrapping a special set of pallets for a total cost of $120
· the company hurdle rate (opportunity cost of capital) is 15%
· the value of the goods is $1,700,000 per shipment
- Introduce the project by creating a Freight Consulting Company and a MARKETING description outlining the company background and credentials that qualify you for the role of freight consultant to assist Your team.
- What international payment method will you use? Explain what documents you need to prepare, and how you plan the process to ensure there is no delay for the delivery.
- Fully outline the arrangements would you suggest to ensure the product’s safe arrival (packaging, insurance & government partnerships with respect to security, What other government departments are involved? Based on what you have learned in import and export procedures, please explain how you plan your delivery for the success trade.
- Research the most appropriate routes and all modes that will be used in each case and outline them on a map. What criteria other than cost would you recommend she consider to justify your decision on mode(s)?
- Explain which mode(s), INCOterm and transportation payment terms would you recommend for Global. Justify your answer. Complete the accompanied ICC Model Contract for the transaction and explain your decisions in it. Append the completed contract to your paper.
- Outline all documentation would needed to support the transaction and ensure Your team gets paid. Please complete full price (estimated) quotation and a full set of relevant documents and append them to the report. Please also complete a CCI (data is based on what you propose).
|Part – PPT||Mark|
|Professionalism, Organization, Spelling & Grammar||/5|
|Background Description, Introduction & Letter||/5|
|Quantitative Analysis (Modal Calculations) Q.2||/5|
|Analysis (Q 3-6)||/15|
|Apendices, Documents (Q. 6)||/5|
|Presentation (presenting skill, organizied PPT..)||/10|
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS